9 Lives Cat Rescue was established in 2009 in response to a serious gap in cat welfare resources for Perth and its surrounding areas. We live by the motto “until they all have a home” and as a result we have established ourselves as a no-kill shelter.
9 Lives is a tax-deductible charity, with all profits going straight into the care of our cats and kittens. The generous donation of time and effort by all our volunteer foster carers and staff allows 9 Lives Cat Rescue to continue to improve the quality of life for both our feline companions and the community.
Our Mission: To improve the welfare of cats in Perth and its surrounding areas.
We aim to achieve this through:
- Rescue of orphaned, stray and abandoned cats which are then placed in foster care.
- Providing an adoption service to find permanent, loving homes for rescued cats and kittens.
- Educating people in responsible cat ownership to encourage healthy feline-human relationships, improve individual feline wellbeing, and ultimately to reduce feline overpopulation caused by irresponsible ownership.
- Campaigning for the creation and enforcement of cat welfare laws with the hope of bringing all cat welfare agencies together to work for a common cause.
- Foster care and re-homing for abandoned, orphaned and surrendered cats and kittens.
- Re-homing assistance, for those who are no longer able to care for their cat/s and desire help with the re-homing process. (fees do apply)
- Crisis care for cats. This service is for people who need their cats put into temporary foster care whilst still maintaining ownership, for cases such as housing problems or family break-ups. Eligibility for this service is based on meeting specific criteria.
If you are considering a furry new addition to the family, you can view the cats and kittens currently up for adoption. Our cats are cared for in foster homes, so viewing is by appointment only.
Latest posts by Liz Walden (see all)
- An alternative way to work out the (real) cost of Dog Ownership - June 13, 2019
- How do you name your dog? - June 6, 2019
- Selling or giving away a pet? Know the rules - May 29, 2019