Just as in humans, a chronic condition in a dog or cat is one that persists over months or even years. While many chronic conditions can’t be prevented or cured, they can often be controlled with regular medication or veterinary treatment.
With pet insurance, if a chronic condition arises before you take out your policy it would be considered a pre-existing condition, and would therefore not be covered. That’s why it’s important to take your cover out early, while your pet is healthy – because you never know what can emerge over the years. At Petsecure we understand that these conditions can develop later on in life, so we will continue to cover your pet providing you keep paying your premiums with no break, lapse, or change after your pet reaches nine years old.
And that’s what good pet insurance is all about – giving your best friends the broadest coverage possible, so it’s there when you need it, and you can keep them healthy and happy for longer.
Pet owners choose Petsecure not only because we go that extra mile with chronic condition cover, but because we add value to everything we do, including:
- A refund of up to 85% of your vet bills, up to the annual benefit limit
- No excess payments required
- Chronic conditions are covered up to the maximum benefit limit each year
- A choice of benefit payment to reduce your premiums (either 75% or 85% of eligible vet’s bills)
- Up to $12,000 a year for accident and illness cover and $8,000 a year for accident cover.
- The freedom to choose your own licensed vet (in Australia) to treat your pet.
- A choice of when you want to pay your premiums (fortnightly, monthly or annually).
- A 10% discount if you are a pension card holder, have an assistance dog or received your pet through an affiliate rescue organisation.
With over 15 years experience, Petsecure is one of Australia’s most trusted pet insurers and we pride ourselves on keeping our pet cover straightforward, comprehensive, and affordable. We specialise in providing quality insurance for cats and kittens, dogs and puppies, and we can give your pet the cover they need as well.
Don’t wait until it’s too late
The time to insure your pet is right now. The longer you leave it, the greater the chance they could develop a condition that won’t be covered retrospectively. At Petsecure, pets can be covered from just eight weeks old, so don’t wait. Cover them now for complete peace of mind, knowing you’ll be able to provide them with the care they’ll need later in life.
Call us now for a quick quote on 1300 855 160 and dont forget if you have a rescue dog or cat, Petsecure will give you a 10% LIFETIME discount on your pet insurance.
Latest posts by Liz Walden (see all)
- The True Cost of Buying and Owning a Puppy - May 20, 2019
- The Benefits and Importance of Regular Pet Grooming - May 20, 2019
- Travel with Pets: 6 Tips if you Plan to Travel with a Senior Dog - May 8, 2019